The BC Coast Region is pleased to announce the BC Coast Region Synchronized Skating Initiative. This exciting new initiative is all about exposing skaters in the Vancouver area to the rewarding discipline of Synchronized Skating (SYS).
Brief Summary of the initiative:
- BC Coast Region will host the initiative at Trout Lake Community Centre in Vancouver
- Skaters are expected to be in the Star 4 – Star 8 developmental range
- 60 minutes of ice per week (7:45-8:45 Saturday mornings) will be provided
- Initiative will run 10 weeks from January 11 to March 14
- On-ice portion will include an introduction to synchro including skills, basic Synchro elements, along with guest presenters who will provide additional insight
- Off-ice informative sessions may be offered a number of times throughout the initiative to include topics to be determined.
Core Coach Required
We are seeking a core coach to assist with program development for this initiative and to be present at all sessions.
We are seeking presenters (coach, official, trainer, choreographer, team manager, etc.) who can provide different interesting and useful perspectives on the sport and synchro development.
Requirements for the successful candidate(s):
- Recent Synchro coaching experience OR coaching experience in other disciplines with recent Synchro experience as a skater. - Personal commitment to the development of Synchro as a sport discipline. - Currently qualified Skate Canada Coach.
- Ability to work as part of a team - this initiative will be very much a team effort.
- Presenters: please outline your special skills or experiences that could be beneficial to a developmental synchro seminar.
To apply, please send an expression of interest to Kevin Gordon at email@example.com, along with a brief summary of why you believe developing synchro skating skills is a benefit to young skaters, and why you are suited to this role. The deadline for applications is Friday January 3rd., 2020.