The Vancouver Skating Club is a thriving, all-season figure skating club that has been serving the needs of the Lower Mainland for over 75 years. With over 650 members, we provide a nurturing and dynamic training environment that enables skaters to embrace their love for the sport, achieve their personal goals and pursue their competitive dreams. We offer comprehensive programming at all levels including CanSkate, PowerSkating, StarSkate and Competitive Figure Skating. And we are continuing to grow!!
VSC is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated CanSkate (or higher) level coach who is interested in taking on the Head CanSkate Coach role and CanSkate admin assistant (which could lead to a permanent CanSkate Admin position).
• Enthusiastic, energetic coach available to join our team starting Spring session 2023 (March 27)
• Must be in good standing with Skate Canada, and be able to provide current first aid and police check
• Minimum NCCP CanSkate Coach Certified
• Should be detail-oriented, organized, and have good time management skills
• Work with Director of Programs to support skater progression through our Club programs
• Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with all ages and abilities (including skaters, parents, and other coaches)
• Assist with administration of CanSkate program (may lead to full-time admin role)
• Willingness to train Program Assistants and mentor junior coaches
• CanSkate classes run three days a week in Spring (likely Mon, Tues, Wed)
• Summer CanSkate programming is in a two-week block in August
• Fall/Winter CanSkate runs four days a week
• In general, Fall/Winter ice is 7 days a week; Spring ice is Mon-Fri
• Programs are run out of Canlan North Shore only in Spring/Summer, and in Fall/Winter additionally at the PNE Agrodome Mon-Fri and at Karen Magnussen arena and the Agrodome on weekends.
Please forward resume to email@example.com