Located in Surrey, the Cloverdale Skating Club (CSC) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to complement our current coaching team. The CSC operates with a team coaching approach where all our coaches are cooperatively led by our Coaching Director. We offer a positive and supportive club setting, led by a progressive board and a collaborative coaching team.
Classes are offered 6 days a week in Fall, Winter and Spring, and 4 days in the Summer. During the Fall and Winter our programs run out of the Cloverdale Arena; Spring and Summer we move to the Surrey Sport and Leisure Centre. We also have a new arena coming in 2025. CSC programs include: CanSkate, Junior STARSkate, STAR Academy, STARSkate, Competitive, and off- ice training.
- Current Skate Canada Coaching Certification.
- Minimum Regional Coach Certified with preference given to Provincial or Nationally Certified applicants.
- Ability to coach skating at all levels from CanSkate to Gold. Experience in coaching at the STAR 6+ level is desirable.
- Ability to coach skills and dance.
- Ability to develop a strong technical foundation in our skaters.
- Ability to choreograph at the STARSkate level is an asset.
- Experience in off-ice training is an asset.
- Experience using the pole harness is an asset.
- Ability to partner in dance is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Willing to work with all skaters of all ages and abilities.
- Must be a team player. All programs are conducted with a strong team coaching philosophy.
- Willing to coach all club programs from Pre-CanSkate to the Gold level.
- Willing to coach off-ice programs.
- Preference will be given to applicants available to work starting at 3:30pm on weekdays and on Saturday mornings throughout Fall, Winter and Spring.
- Passionate about both technical and expressive aspect of figure skating and have an eye for detail.
- Enthusiastic to mentor junior coaching staff and/or willing to be mentored if applicable.
- Willing to collaborate and work on our Bi-Annual Ice Show.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work effectively with all ages and abilities (including skaters, parents, coaches and volunteer executive members).
- Ability to provide a supportive and encouraging atmosphere for our athletes and their families.
- Values aligned with our club mission to provide an inclusive and positive environment for developing skills, encouraging good sportsmanship and building self-confidence.
The club offers a competitive wage to the right candidate as well as support in furthering coach certification/education along with additional coach development opportunities.
Interested applicants, please send resume to Amy at email@example.com