The Greater Vancouver Synchronized Skating Club (GVSSC) is based just outside of Vancouver, BC and has 3 skating teams: Pre-Novice, Adult 1 and Adult 2.
Our Club: Greater Vancouver Synchronized Skating’s programs provides skaters with the opportunity to improve their skating skills both as an individual and as a team member in a positive and supportive environment, while offering the chance to represent BC as a specialized athlete at a number of competitions and performances annually. The skaters on our teams are diverse and their experience ranges from one year to 15+. While they all have different experiences and abilities, they share a common passion: a love of synchronized skating.
The Position: As the GVSSC Club Coach, you’d be responsible for coaching and developing our 3 teams. This would be approximately 15 hours per week. We’re also accepting applications for each individual team if the Club Coach role isn’t for you. You’d be responsible for:
· Planning and running on and off ice sessions
· Liaising with the team managers and board members
· Attending competitions, exhibitions and team events. Note: Travel may be required
· Team building
· Remaining current on synchronized skating technical aspects, rules and regulations
· Following Skate Canada and GVSSC Policies
We’re looking for someone who:
· Is a Skate Canada Certified Synchro Coach. NCCP Provincial Coach is preferred (NCCP Regional Coach minimum)
· Is an active member of Skate Canada in good standing
· Has experience coaching synchronized skating
· Has a passion for leading and developing others and is committed to growth and development
· Has the ability to work in a team coaching environment
· Has experience working with a board
· Has exceptional communication skills and an ability to work effectively with all ages and abilities
· Is able to create a supportive and healthy environment to promote teamwork
· Mentors junior/aspiring coaching staff
· Is able to manage conflict
· Holds a current Standard First Aid Certificate
Compensation and Remuneration
Compensation commensurate on experience as a skater, coach and level of education attained.
Ready to apply? Email firstname.lastname@example.org