Position: Club Coach/ Director of Skating
The Smithers Figure Skating Club (SFSC) is seeking a Director of Skating for the 2019/2020 season and beyond. This is a salaried position that includes both on ice and off ice duties in a 12 month contract. The skating season runs from late August-March. The position, commencing in July 2019 or sooner will serve SFSC and its skating members in overseeing the operations of all Skating Club programs. The successful candidate must be a team player and be prepared to work with a coaching team and be involved in all aspects of club activities including; off ice classes, coaching PreCanskate, CanSkate, PreSTAR, STARSkate, and CanPowerSkate. Learn more about our club at smithersfigureskatingclub.com. The SFSC is healthy active skating club with over 95 members. We have 12-15 hours of ice per week.
Brief Job Description:
- Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for the SFSC programs and coaching staff
- Ability and desire to coach all levels from CanSkate to Gold Level including dance and be on the ice during all of our sessions
- Provide group and private lessons
- Act as primary Coach Liaison for the Board of Directors
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with skaters, parents and board members
- Provide leadership and coordination for special events such as annual Carnival, Club Competitions, local skating performances, Awards Banquet, and Guest Coach Seminars.
The candidate requires the following qualifications:
- NCCP Level 2 Coach (or currently seeking) and preferred CanPowerSkate certified.
- Completed new Star 1-5 module and testing.
- Previous Coaching experience
- Active member of Skate Canada in good standing
Smithers Figure Skating Club
Box 2147 Smithers, BC V0J 2N0
Or via email:email@example.com
Attention: Carrie Collingwood & Luba Kasum
Smithers and the Bulkley Valley has much to offer...fabulous hiking, mountain biking, nearby lakes to fish, swim, canoe or boat, 2 golf courses and many trails and green spaces. Amenities include swimming pool with fitness centre and squash courts, art gallery, library, world class cross country and downhill skiing, a vibrant local arts and music scene and much more... Smithers has a quaint downtown main street with many boutique stores and coffee shops. To learn more about Smithers and its vibrant community visit tourismsmithers.ca.
posted Jan 16, 2019