Employer: Smithers Figure Skating Club
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (30 – 35 hours per week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): August 1st 2019
Minimum Education: N/A
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5252
Address: Box 2147, Smithers BC V0J 2N0
Work Location: Smithers Civic Centre Arena – 4204 Third Avenue, Smithers BC
The Smithers Figure Skating Club (SFSC) is a non-profit, volunteer-run sports club. We offer several programs for all ages and levels of skating. The club is currently seeking a Director of Skating for the 2019/2020 season and beyond. This position is responsible for overseeing the operations of all Skating Club Programs.
Main Duties include:
- Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for programs and coaching staff
- Develop and implement schedules and programs
- Implement training tactics and practice sessions
- Coaching on all levels, for both teams and individual athletes
- Assess demand and plan appropriate training
- Analyze performance of athletes and assess areas in need of additional coaching on both a personal and team level
- Strategize development training for athletes and coaches
- Act as primary liaison for the Board of Directors
- Assist in daily operations and management of the club
- 2 to 3 years of coaching experience
- NCCP Level 1
- English- speaking
- Criminal check is required
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com No phone calls please.
We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.