Located in East Vancouver, the Grandview Skating Club is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to complement our current coaching team and help provide a supportive and encouraging atmosphere for our athletes and their families. Grandview SC operates with a team-coaching approach where all our coaches are cooperatively led by our Coaching Director. Classes are offered 5 days a week in Fall and Winter; and 2-3 days in Spring and Summer. Grandview programs include: CanSkate, CanPower, STAR 1 (Junior Development), STARSkate, Competitive, Synchro Skills and off-ice training.
- Current Skate Canada Coaching Certification
- Minimum NCCP Provincial Coach Certified or higher (preferred)
- Ability and interest to coach skating at all levels, from CanSkate to Gold-level STARSkate, including Adult skaters.
- Ability to partner in dance an asset, but not a requirement
- Willing and able to coach group and private lessons, on- and off-ice
- Passionate about both technical and expressive aspects of figure skating
- Enthusiastic to mentor junior coaching staff
- Interest to participate in and promote Club, Region and Section events (e.g. competitions, ice show), sometimes as a volunteer
- Strong communications skills and an ability to work effectively with all ages and abilities (including skaters, parents, coaches and volunteer executive members)
- Values aligned with our club mission to encourage skaters, in all aspects of skating, to achieve their potential in a fun, supportive community
Please forward any questions, or your expression of interest and resume to: email@example.com