Club Team Coach Job Posting
The Grandview Skating Club (https://grandviewskatingclub.com) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to complement our current coaching team and help provide a supportive and encouraging atmosphere for our athletes and their families.
Grandview SC operates with a team-coaching approach where all our coaches are cooperatively led by our Coaching Director. Senior coaches act as Base Coaches that direct the development of individual STARSkaters, with the support of the full coaching team. After two successful seasons with Grandview the successful candidate to this position may be request the position of Base Coach.
Fall and Winter sessions are held at our home rink Trout Lake Rink (3350 Victoria Dr, Vancouver). Spring and Summer sessions are held at Sunset Ice Rink (390 E 51 Ave, Vancouver). Classes are offered 5 days a week for a total of 15 (on-ice) hours in Fall and Winter; and 2-3 days in Spring and Summer.
Grandview programs include: CanSkate, CanPower, STAR 1 (Junior Development), STARSkate, Competitive and off-ice training. We mount an Ice Show every two years as a demonstration and inspiration for skaters.
*Current Skate Canada Coaching Certification
* Minimum ISPC Level 2 completion or NCCP Intermediate StarSkate Provincial Certified (ISPC) Coach or higher (preferred)
* Ability and interest to coach skating at all levels, from CanSkate to Gold-level STARSkate, including Adult skaters.
* Willing and able to coach group and private lessons, on- and off-ice
* Passionate about both technical and expressive aspects of figure skating
* Enthusiastic to mentor junior coaching staff
* Interest to participate in and promote Club, Region and Section events (e.g. competitions, ice show), sometimes as a volunteer
* Strong communications skills and an ability to work effectively with all ages and abilities (including skaters, parents, coaches and volunteer executive members)
Please forward any questions, or your expression of interest and resume to: email@example.com