The Arbutus Club has been a landmark in Vancouver since 1964. Today, we are a modern recreation complex with first class food and beverage services. Our vast range of facilities and programs, coupled with unparalleled service, have earned us a reputation as one of Canada’s finest premier Private Clubs.
As the Director of Figure Skating/Head Coach, you will be managing all figure skating programs.
Why Join the Club?
- Competitive rate of pay based on experience and qualifications
- Free on-site staff parking and corporate discounts for local gym membership/fitness studios and more
- Work with a fun, diversified team who are passionate about Skating and customer service
- Staff events and opportunities to grow the program within the Club
- This is a member only facility, and programs are available to members only
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee all skating programs within the Club including organizing all skating programs, coaching, administration, registering skaters with Skate Canada, organizing special events, and organizing and reporting of all Club and test information
- Consult with the Skate Canada, BC/YK Section, Recreation Services and Communications departments; advertise and promote the skating program through the Bark, e-blast, and bulletin boards
- Ensure that program registration information and details are prepared and submitted in a timely manner adhering to deadlines
- Administer member billing and invoicing for skating programs in a timely manner
- Ensure that all members receive courteous, prompt, and professional attention to their needs; utilize feedback to improve departmental operations and member satisfaction
- Participate in program committee meetings and help with the club functions as needed.
- Communicate and interact with skaters, parents, and staff at the Club
- Ensure all coaching staff on the ice are registered and in good standing with Skate Canada
- Program encompasses learn to skate preschool, school age, and adult classes, Figure skating STARSkaters- Star 1 – Gold in all disciplines (skills, free skate, dance and artistic), power classes (pre-power to advanced), Choreography and off ice
Requirements & Qualifications
- Approximately 20-25 hours per week of on ice coaching
- NCCP National Coach Certified credentials preferred
- Must maintain workers compensation registration and coverage
- Ability to coach CanSkate and skaters in programs listed in Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Must be registered and in good standing with Skate Canada
- Able to provide instruction in private and group settings
- A Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search is required
- Must be available to instruct all skating times/sessions (listed below)
Applicants may submit a Resume with a Cover Letter, in Word or PDF format, referring to ‘Director of Figure Skating/ Head Coach, by May 27th, 2022. Please apply on our website: Director of Figure Skating/ Head Coach (risepeople.com), please address the cover letter to: Elizabeth Wong HR and People Experience Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Club. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. Visit our Web site at www.arbutusclub.com