The Cloverdale Skating Club (CSC) is currently seeking a Director of Skating to provide leadership to our training programs and athlete development.
The club requires an organized, compassionate, highly motivated professional with a passion for skating, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of skaters.
Main Duties Involve:
- Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for programs and coaching staff, including recommendations to the CSC Board with respect to the strategic plan.
- In collaberation with the CSC Board, develop and implment schedules and programs.
- Coaching on all levels, for both teams and individual athletes.
- Assess demand and plan appropriate training.
- Analyze performance of athletes and strategize goal setting with both athletes and the coaching team, implement training/coaching tactics and practice sessions accordingly.
- In accordance with the CSC strategic plan, continually assess areas in need of additional coaching in both a personal and team level.
- Strategize development training for athletes and coaches, including seminar recommendations.
- Act as a primary liasion for the Board of Directors, attending monthly meetings as the Coach Representative.
- Establish strong working relationships with the CSC Board of Directors, club volunteers, coaches, officials, the BC Division of Skate Canada.
- Coordinate and supervise coaching staff, including recruitment, development of annual training plans and performance reviews.
- Alongside CanSkate Coordinator, supervise program assistants.
- Establish and maintain positive, respectful working relationships with athletes and coaches to ensure effective and efficient delivery of programs.
- Administrative duties to assist in daily operations of the club, as agreed upon.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Minimum 5 years coaching experience, with preference to those with additional leadership experience.
- Minimum Regional coaching certification, with Provincial and higher preferred.
- In good standing with Skate Canada.
- First Aid Certification.
- Ability and desire to coach at all skating levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Willing to work collaboratively with the executive board to help grow the Club and programs.
- Ability to effectively mentor athletes, working together to help them set and achieve their goals.
- Confidence in managing coaching teams in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Utilizes open communication to considerately approach conflict resolution.
- Positive role model and team player.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrates the ability to take initiative.
- Confidence in using Uplifter software an asset.
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com