Delta Skating Club
- The Delta Skating club is located in the lower mainland of Vancouver.
- The club skates out of the South Delta and Ladner Leisure Centres during Fall and Winter sessions and Tilbury Ice Rink during the Spring and Summer sessions.
- The Delta Skating Club is currently seeking a Director of Skating for the 2021/2022 season and beyond.
- This position is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of all figure skating programs at the club.
- Our club consists of approximately 230 number of skaters
- Approximately 19 hours of ice time Fall/Winter season (6 days/week), Spring/Summer 10+ hours
Responsibilities and Attributes
- Under the guidelines set by the Board of Directors, the Board delegates to the Director of Skating the responsibility of successfully delivering all dryland and skating programs at the club. Programs include PreCanSkate, CanSkate, StarSkate, CompetitiveSkate, Synchronized Skating and CanPowerSkate.
- Posses excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Communicate with a broad and diverse audience that includes skaters, families, coaches, board members, clubs and Skate Canada.
- Work with the HR committee for the recruitment, development and assessment of coaching team.
- Remain current on technical aspects & changes to Skate Canada disciplines.
- Develop, plan and coordinate Competitive/Star schedules and choreograph skater programs
- Prepare figure skaters for competitive events
- Reports to the Board of Directors regarding program delivery and athlete development.
- Work with Finance Committee to ensure fiscal responsibility of programing.
- Overall responsibility for program scheduling, skater development and skater movement within the club programs.
- Supervisor and coordinator of coaching staff.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of our annual ice show and special events.
- Take initiative in coaching and professional development.
- Must be a Skate Canada NCCP level 2 (minimum)
- Minimum of 3 years of figure skating coaching required
- Strong communication skills
- Competitive coaching and/or training
- Need to be in good standing with Skate Canada
- Knowledge of Skills, CanPower, Synchro and Dance is an asset