The Arctic Edge Skating Club is located in Whitehorse, Yukon, where the opportunities to work, live and play in one of Canada’s most stunning and unique natural and cultural regions are endless.
Our club is seeking a Technical Director of Skating to work with us to deliver high quality skating programming for all levels of skaters. Our Canskate program is thriving and we offer Early Academy, Starskate, recreational and competitive programs. The club hosts a skating competition once a year, offers seminars and test days for skaters and skaters take part in two to three interclub competitions a year. On alternating years, there is an Ice Show production or attendance at the Arctic Winter Games.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop your leadership and technical skills in skating. Our club supports coaching development with a dedicated training budget and hosts experienced coaches for seminars and club development.
The Technical Director of Skating will manage the strategic direction and day to day execution of all club skating programming and will provide leadership and supervision of coaching staff and volunteers. Currently, the position is a part-time contract position, but as our programming grows there is the possibility of additional hours.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- • Research, conceptualize, recommend, develop and execute quality skating programming for all levels of club programming, including Canskate, Early Academy, Starskate, recreational and competitive.
- • Manage and deliver other programs such as club competitions, travel to outside competitions, on-ice and off-ice training events, ice shows and test events.
- • Communicate and ensure program alignment with the Skate Canada Long Term Athlete Development model.
- • Establish strong working relationships with the Arctic Edge Board of Directors, club volunteers, coaches, officials, the BC-Yukon Division of Skate Canada, Sport Yukon, skating facility managers and other key stakeholders. Attends monthly meetings of the board of directors as an ex-officio member of the board.
- • Responsible for the working with the sport administrator to develop program budgets and funding applications, developing schedules and annual plans that align with Arctic Edge Skating Club Strategic Plan.
- • Supervises coaching staff, including recruitment, development of annual training plans and performance reviews. Supervision of program assistants and other volunteers.
- • Establish and maintain positive, respectful working relationships with athletes and coaches to ensure effective and efficient delivery of programs.
- • Communicate effectively, both formally and informally, with skaters, parents volunteers, coaches and officials. This includes comprehensive communications through various methods, including social media.
- • Other duties as may be required by the Co-chairs.
- • Minimum Regional Coach Certified, higher levels preferred.
- • First Aid certification.
- • Clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks.
- • 5-10 years experience in skating coaching and/or skate program management and delivery.
- • Ability to communicate effectively through social media.
- • Budget Management experience.
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- • Above average organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- • Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and as part of a team.
- • Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
For more information please contact: Fabienne Brulhart, email@example.com