Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business.
|Reports to:||Athletic Director|
|Location:||Hollyburn Country Club, 950 Cross Creek Road, West Vancouver, BC|
|Number of Coaches:||Two Coaches|
- Develop and oversee all skating programs, including advertising in the VIEW.
- Promote the Skating department within the club through the VIEW, e-blasts, and bulletin boards.
- Ensure that program registration information and details are prepared and submitted in a timely manner adhering to deadlines.
- Administer member billing and invoicing for skating programs in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all members and guests receive courteous, prompt, and professional attention to their needs; utilize feedback to improve departmental operations and member satisfaction.
- Participates in Figure Skating Activity Committee meetings.
- Commnicate and interact with skaters, parents, Club volunteers, board members and all staff team members at Hollyburn Country Club.
- Minimum Provincial Coach (level 2) completion or higher NCCP
- Ability to coach skaters in the following disciplines: Skills, free-skate, dance up to gold level and CanSkate.
- Current Skate Canada coaching certification in good standing with Skate Canada.
- Ability to coach starskate test (skills, free-skate, dance), competitive, do choreography.
- Provide instruction in private and group environent.
- Must be available for all Hollyburn Skating/Figure Skating scheduled time.
- You agree to get a Police Information Check with a vulnerable sector search at your local Police Department immediately upon being hired - you will be reimbursed for this expense in full.
- You currently live the values of the HCC Staff team: being Powered ON or energized at all times; displaying a Service First attitude (excellent customer service skills); and creating FOMO (the fear of missing out) in your daily interactions.
- You consistently disply evidence of the following key characteristics required for optimal delivery of customer service to members, guests, and staff: (1) enthusiasm, (2) teamwork, (3) initiative, (4) adaptability, (5) empathy, and (6) accountability.
- You go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn's aim to deliver exceptional service to its members.
- On Ice Times
- September to June (Fall-Spring)
- Mondays: 3:30pm-7:45pm (Large Ice)
- Tuesdays: 3:30pm-5:30pm (Small Ice)
- Wednesdays: 3:30pm-6:00pm (Large Ice)
- Thursdays: 6:30am-8:30am (Large Ice) & 3:30pm-5:45pm (Small Ice)
- Fridays: 3:30pm-6:00pm (until 7:45pm Spring term) (Large Ice)
- Saturdays: 8:45am-11:45am (Large Ice) & 12:30pm-2:45pm (Small Ice)
- July & August (Summer)
- 5 weeks prior to summer skate competition
- Monday-Friday: 10am-4:30pm (Large Ice)
- September to June (Fall-Spring)
- Off Ice: additional hours for administrative responsibilities, as required.
- Competitive wages
- On-site contractor meal program at 50% discount
- Free on-site parking
- Rewards and recognition program
- Development and educational opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities 6047889533
- Seasonal staff team building events & activities
- Exclusive access to Workplace©, our internal communication tool for HCC Staff
- Discount in the Sport Boutique
Sounds like Hollyburn Country Club will be a great fir for you? Apply today! Please send your cover letter and resume to the Hiring Manager for this role:
|Hiring Manager's Natme & Position:||Kate Marshall, Director of Athletics|
|Hiring Manager's email address:||email@example.com|
*No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your time - We look forward to hearing from you!