Position: WSC Coach
Reports to: Skate Director
Location: Whistler Skating Club, Whistler BC
As a key member of the Whistler Skating Club (WSC) team and reporting to the Skate Director, the Skating Coach works on a team to cultivate the WSC culture and continue to build on the strong foundation to foster our values while delivering on our strategic direction and vision. WSC programs may include: CanSkate, STARSkate, Competitive, Synchronized Skating, and Adult Skating.
- Opportunity to provide both on-ice and off-ice activities;
- Leads by example and models behaviour that reflects WSC values;
- Displays a strong commitment to self-development and growth;
- Ensure general program readiness and timeliness
- Ability to implement a variety of techniques to develop basic fundamental skating skills
- Remains current on technical aspects & changes to disciplines from Skate Canada with a commitment to continuous learning;
- Compliant with program policies and procedures (attendance, report cards, radios, first aid, etc)
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability and interest to teach freeskate dance, artistic, and skills up to gold level
- Command of synchronized skating, its rules and regulations along with experience in synchronized skating would be an asset
- Competition experience an asset
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in a team coaching environment
- Must be in good standing with Skate Canada
- Have a minimum Skate Canada Club Coach Certification
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
Monday – Friday, September 20, 2021 to May 20, 2022 and July and August summer school.
Must be available for to coach at 6:00-8:00 am on Wednesday and Friday, and afterschool on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Approximately 16-20 hrs per week.
Compensation and Remuneration
Compensation commensurate on experience as a skater, coach and level of education attained.
To apply for this position, please contact info@Whistlerskatingclub.ca