Head Coach Position
Located in the beautiful Bulkley Valley the Smithers Figure Skating Club is looking for a positive, energetic coach to run our entire skating program from Canskate, Competitive and Starskate. The Club currently has over 100 skaters and is growing. Weekly hours on ice are 12-15 hours plus off ice training, and administrative duties. In addition, private lessons are arranged during skating sessions. Please contact us for a full job description package.
Salary: $25/hour based on 30-35 hours
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment: ASAP
Minimum Education: N/A
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 5252
Job Location (s): Address: Box 2147, Smithers BC V0J 2N0
Work Location: Smithers Civic Centre Arena – 4204 Third Avenue, Smithers BC
The Smithers Figure Skating Club (SFSC) is a non-profit, volunteer-run sports club. We offer several programs for all ages and levels of skating. The club is currently seeking a Head Coach for the 2022 season and beyond. This position is responsible for overseeing the operations of all Skating Club
Main Duties include:
• Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for programs and coaching staff
• Plan, Develop and implement training schedules and programs
• Implement training tactics and practice sessions
• Coaching on all levels from CanSkate to Gold Level including of-ice training
• Offer group, semi-private and private lessons
• Strategize development training for athletes and coaches
• Act as primary liaison for the Board of Directors
• Carry out Club management & administrative duties
• 2 to 3 years of coaching experience
• NCCP Level 1 (Regional Coach)
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com: Luba Kasum, Past President, Board member SFSC
No phone calls please.
We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.
Selection will be based on merit alone.