Arctic Edge Skating Club in Whitehorse, Yukon is currently accepting applications for a professional skating coach. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have a desire to be part of a progressive and growing skating community. We offer Canskate, Starskate, off-ice and adult skating programs for our current membership of approximately 280 members. The club provides approximately 15 to 20 hours of ice per week for the fall/winter sessions and approximately 8 to 10 hours per week in the summer. We have a team-coaching approach led by a Skating Director.
We are seeking a coach who is at a minimum Canskate certified and willing to train for further certifications. The club will provide training opportunities to achieve higher level NCCP coaching certifications.
The Candidate will:
- Teach Canskate or if NCCP regional coach certified ability to teach Star 1 to Gold level as well as off-ice programming
- Work collaboratively with a team of coaches, parents and club board members
- Be a positive role model, motivated, excited and dedicated to skating
- Be willing to further knowledge with continuing professional development in skating
- Provide group lessons
- Work evenings and weekends
- Hold or willing to obtain first aid with CPR-C certificate
- Provide current criminal record check
Interested applicants, please send resumes or contact Lindsay Beebe, email@example.com