The Greater Vancouver Synchronized Skating Club (GVSSC) is seeking a synchronized skating head coach for the 2019/2020 season and beyond for our Open team. The coaching position entails on and off ice coaching. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the sport of synchro, enthusiastic, reliable and able to create a positive training environment through their dedication to the team and the overall Club.
The competitive synchronized skating season runs from August to March. The Open team trains two nights per week, and practices on and off the ice for 4 hours and 2 hours per week, respectively.
Coaching responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and running on and off ice practice sessions;
- Team building;
- Additional on and off ice practice sessions as necessary throughout the season; and
- Attendance at competitions, exhibitions and monitoring sessions, etc.
Note that out of town travel to competitions will be required. There will also be opportunities to build a bigger program within the Club through the development of younger teams. Learn more about our club at http://greatervancouversynchro.com/.
The candidate requires the following qualifications:
- NCCP Level 3—National coach
- Previous Synchro experience required: skating and coaching
- Active member of Skate Canada in good standing
Our coaches must fulfill the following requirements to be considered “in good-standing” and therefore eligible to coach in a Skate Canada club:
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid background screening
- Completion of the “Respect in Sport” Activity Leader training (new for the 2018/2019 season)
- Compliance with the “Maintenance of Certification” program which mandates and promotes on-going learning and development
- Compliance with the Skate Canada Code of Conduct
email@example.com (please send CV to this address)