All STAR 6-Gold Assessment information for coaches and officials will be posted on this page. Check in frequently for updates and/or join the Technical Updates Notification at the bottom of the main page of the website for an email notification.
BC/YK MESSAGE NOVEMBER 17, 2020
The BC/YK Section will advise Clubs when STAR 6-Gold assessments can be conducted.
The revised STAR 6-Gold e-learning modules were released over the summer on the Skate Canada website: Introduction, Skills, Free Skate, Artistic and Dance.
Evaluators who successfully completed the course and exam for a discipline prior to March 30, 2020, are not required to retake the course...you have already dedicated many hours to training! Please review each discipline's Resource Guide for the current assessment criteria and standards.
Coaches who are interested in becoming a Coach Assessor in Skills can now submit their application. Please refer to the document in the Resource section below Steps to Becoming a Coach Assessor in Skills.
To access the training:
- Sign in to your members account at Skate Canada here
- Select the “e-learning” tab to navigate to the Skate Canada e-learning site.
- From the “New Courses” dropdown select “STAR 6 – Gold: Introduction”.
- Click “Enroll” and begin the course.
- After successful completion of the Introduction module, repeat the same process for other STAR 6-Gold discipline specific modules.
Access eLearning and the Materials Catalogue on the Skate Canada Membership Site
Access resource videos for all disciplines in the Skate Canada Skating DevelopmentVideo Library
Direct link to the STAR 6-Gold Assessment Guide on Info Centre. Each section of the guide is posted in the Materials Catalogue (Membership Site)